A few weeks ago, I was nominated for the Outstanding Personalities Annual Jainey and Nessa Awards under the Personal Development and Selfless Service in 5 categories. The results were out last week. And to my utter surprise, I had won four out of the five awards I was nominated for !
This was the first time they were conducting an event outside the country of ceremony. Honestly, I wasn’t hoping to win a single award because the competition was really, really tough. The nominees were all very accomplished, gifted and brilliant in their fields, so bagging even one was a big honour for an amateur writer like me. I am really thankful to the Jury for considering me worthy of it.
As I mentioned in one of my recent posts, that these days I have been more of an observer than a participant. So here’s another of my many rants. 😂😂😂
You can read my num-1 rant here- Zero Fucks Given- A tale of my beloved Boyfriend jeans.
Persistence is the key.
Before I begin, persistence has nothing to do with your external goals. It is something you do internally.
There is no single human on the face of the earth who can claim that he never had a critic or he never failed!
What exactly happens when you start with something new?
We wish the best of the best to happen in all our new ventures. I would say the starting few days/months are challenging. In this period we feel really motivated to succeed. But the criticism is also at its peak now.
You have two options-
1. Turn criticism into optimism. You boost your enthusiasm and win.
2. Turn criticism into pessimism. You lose enthusiasm and quit.
I am sure you can relate to it. There are more failure stories than you can count!
My Mantra- For every 10 criticism/failures, I count one success.
When you start as an amateur, especially, there is little scope for excellence in the very beginning. It took me more than half a year to finally get recognised as a writer/blogger. I was attacked again and again with defeat and criticism. But I didn’t stop writing. I read and I wrote. I had my goals sorted out from the starting. I am not here to be a Grammar Nazi. I am here to inspire and motivate people.
Nothing important was ever accomplished without adversity, setbacks and difficulties. One of the ways you can prepare for setbacks and obstacles is to anticipate potential problems and have a contingency plan.
How to be persistent with your efforts?
1. Always be mentally prepared for setbacks. There’s nothing wrong with failing. JK Rowling got rejected 16 times before she could get Harry Potter published !
2. Surround yourself with positive people. You have to do the hard work. Naysayers will make it harder !
3. Believe you can do it. It all starts with you !
4. Don’t give up so early. Try and fail. But don’t fail to try !
5. Set goals and work towards them everyday. They help you stay focused and turn the invisible into the visible.
6. Know your weaknesses and strengths. It’s going to be hard. But hard is not impossible.
For bloggers/writers– Even if no one is reading and you aren’t getting likes and follows, just keep writing. You never know who might read your content and when!
This universe, the energy is conserved. Whatever you do, whatever you radiate, positive or negative, it is going to come back to you in some way, sooner or later. The regularity and persistence in your efforts is going to reflect in your work.
No dreamer is too small. No dream is too big.