First things first, I had this plan of blasting all your feeds with a big Women’s Day Blog tomorrow, which I’m still working on. I couldn’t execute it the way I planned. Although I’m running late, I’ll not lament over it. I’ll , rather, learn from it and plan better next time. I’ll post it in the second instalment of this blog. I have quite a lot of things going on in my life right now. I’m working more than I usually work. So it’s like a mini semester for me. Also I started dancing recently, again. I left dancing 5 years back until a few days back. Although, I can hardly dance now and I also know that I haven’t got moves like Jagger, but then who cares, as long as it makes me happy.
Tomorrow is the International Women’s Day, and I will not let you go through the pain of reading a philosophical piece of nothing. Rather I’ll share 9 things I have learned from these twenty something years of my existence.
1. Know your worth.Today I recognize myself more than just an acceptable human face or a young lady with big dreams. I am, for sure, better than this. I know this won’t make sense to a lot of girls now. But someday it will, and I want you to never forget this.
2. There will be people, men and mostly women, who will want to dictate your life. People who will want to impose their judgements about you on you. Shake it off !
3. There will be a lot of friends, boyfriends, family and people you’ll meet. Whether they stay or they don’t, never count them as mistakes. Be grateful to them, because they’ll teach you things you would have never learnt without them.
I learned a lot about falling in love, when I fell out of love.
4. Owe upto ur mistakes. If you did something bad, really bad, repeat this after me,“ I committed a mistake. I accept it. And I won’t let that define me”. THE END.
5. Always apologize if you have hurt someone. You don’t have to live with the guilt that you’ve wronged someone.
6. Accept ur past. People will talk about it. Don’t we all do that ? My past bothers me at times. But then I tell myself, whatever happened, has already happened. I can’t change it. So be it. Make sure that you don’t repeat it. Do better. Work harder.
7.Even if you are a potato, keep your head high. Don’t belittle yourself. I know some days are going to be very difficult and some are going to be as smooth as butter. Somedays I’m so warmly welcomed, whilst most days I face a lot of criticism. It happens with everyone. That’s normal. That’s human.
8. Defend yourself. You owe yourself that much !
9. Don’t judge your worth by the number of boys who like/love you. You might feel really dull at times. But remind yourself how far you have come and how far you intend to go. Be a treat, just for yourself. Learn to live alone. Not always will you have someone by your side.
Tomorrow is our day !
Happy Women’s Day ♡♡
For more updates and upcoming events, follow me on Facebook by clicking on the link Official page of lifeaswehaveneverknownit